Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Married Again...

Supposedly Duffer's shutdown at work is now over...woohoo! This weekend will be his first off in I don't know how long! Yeah...I am no longer a single parent!!! The good thing that has come out of all of this though is that my kids and I have really bonded and gotten close...after all who else are they going to turn to? LOL!

With all of my headaches driving me crazy I have also been trying lots of new things. I have made myself buckle down and really learn how to use my camera...thanks to my friend Sara for all of her help on that subject. In turn I am trying to help her with what I know in PhotoShop. I am branching out...making new friends and meeting new people...for those who know me well, know this is VERY unusual for shy little Nicole!! Cindy has introduced me to a whole world of new friends...Angie W. and Angie D. - great girls! The 4 of us went to the Holiday Market this weekend that Junior League sponsored and it was fun. Then Jessica and I have gotten to hang out for 2 days and we had grown apart unfortunately so that has been very nice! She is so much fun!! Now that your hubby is going to work in Kingsport we will have to all go do things some. Angie D., Jess, and Cindy go to the same church and have even invited me to their church...I have considered visiting but still haven't. They have some really neat stuff that mine doesn't. Then I got to meet Tao and she is just one of a kind!!! She is the funniest person ever! Another person I am growing closer to is a friend from high school Sara...she really has a lot of good advice for me...she is my Dr. Phil...especially when it comes to friendships. She is even dragging me to a Halloween party of another girl we went to high school with next weekend. I guess you could say Sara is my mentor... :)

All of us girls are going to Women's Expo this weekend and I am SO excited...I have tried to get girls to go with me every year but they always were going with someone already or working it or something. I think we should constantly meet new people and always try new things so that we never get in a rut!

Oh yeah and for those of you who need a good laugh today...I took the boys to the doctor for a regular checkup and to get their flu shots and guess what??? I was a MONTH EARLY...yep that's right...their appointment is November 16th not October 16th...am I losing my mind or what??

Well, thank goodness the working day is almost over...then on to rush, rush, rush to Davis' ballgame...have a good day everyone!!!

2 comments:

Tanja said...

Nicole,
I cracked up when I read what you did with the doctor's office. I've done the very same thing! You aren't losing your mind... well, if you are, you aren't alone anyway! See you, Tanja

Jennifer said...

Hey Girlie! What happened to shy little Nicole?? Looks like you are becoming a little Social Queen. I'm proud of you...I know it's not easy for you. I'm speaking from experience, I have been in a "rut" before,...got out of it and don't plan to ever do it again! Life's too short =). Don't you branch out too much though...and forget about your old friends, like me for instance =).
Funny story about the Dr. too by the way....ha..ha..
Love ya sweetie,
Jennifer