Saturday, October 6, 2007

Corn Maze

Last night we went to Fender's Farm to go through a corn maze with the Bellamy's and Angie and her 2 boys and one of their friends. We didn't do any of the scary ones because the kids freaked out about it so much. We did the normal one so we could all go together. They had these puzzles you figure out to determine which way to go and you have to get to all 10 points to get out. We found 2 points and that took almost an hour! This lady was in there and asked if we needed help and Cindy asked how much longer...being that she is pregnant and has to have a bathroom fairly close by...we were still 1 1/2 hours from being out of it so we had the lady take us through a shortcut and got out of there! The kids had a ton of fun running and hiding and jumping out at us...I warned them that my first intincts when I get scared are to punch and I would hate for one of them to go home with a black eye!
This one was a little blurry but I thought it was cute still.
Bo liked this hat...I am not too sure about it....
On to the hayride...fun but a little spooky out in the dark. I don't like the dark at all but it was fun.
Duffer and me on the hayride.
My little "Dopey Dwarf"...that is who he reminds me of with those ears and big eyes! :)

Getting a little spooked on the hay ride...of course it didn't help that Bo was jumping out of the corn stalks and scaring us all!

Everyone wanted to ride the big caterpillar thing...I know you have seen them at carnivals and fairs but this one was pulled by a four wheeler and it went pretty fast. The kids thought is was very cool...the adults thought it was very bumpy. When they came back around, Davis and Jett were trying to be cool and ducked down in their car and I flipped out thinking they had fallen out and no one had noticed. Once again everyone laughed at me!
Gabe and Tucker...Gabe is Angie's youngest son.
This is Angie's oldest son, Ben...he was upset because he didn't have anyone to go in the scary stuff with.

I think this was a friend that Angie's son brought.
Is that a smile I see on Bella????
Duffer and me...Cindy took the picture...might need to show her how to center her subject...Haha...just kidding Cindy!!!

Davis and Jett
Another ride around in the caterpillar thing...here are the individual pictures of those who went this time....Daddy and Rylee Bo and Bella...is that another smile???
Tucker and Davis

Angie and Keagan
Davis, Duffer and Tucker chowing down after our very long adventure in the corn maze.
The boys eating.
And here is Duffer...we were pretty much at each other's throats all night (half jokingly and half not)...I think the stress of all this working is getting to him and the stress of me doing everything with no help is definitely getting to me! Is it vacation time again yet?? ;)
When Cindy was paying for her food inside the little store, the cashier asked her if the twins were hers. It wasn't until then that we noticed we had dressed Rylee and Bella the exact same and even had them both in pigtails!! Bella is about 7 months older than Rylee but they probably could pass for twins or at least sisters! So now they are referred to as the 'twins'.
Keagan...Cindy's middle child
Davis...making his goofy faces as usual...believe it or not he had a haircut today! She trimmed it for a longer hair style and it isn't fixed but I can't really tell she even cut it!
Bella and me...this little girl NEVER smiles for the camera. I have managed to get a few smiles out of her so Cindy said I am going to have to take some pictures of her for her because they don't bother taking her anywhere to get them done. I told Cindy to just stick with me and she would have TONS of pictures of her kids...I think most all of you know I go no where without my camera!
Mommy and Jett
Davis took this picture of Duffer and me...not too bad...
Duffer had bought everyone those giant glow sticks to go through the corn maze so they could see. I suppose most people bring flashlights with them but we were in such a hurry to get there after Duffer got off work that I wasn't thinking about lights at all. Anyways, Bo was holding everyone's in his back pocket and then sat on the bench and the rest is explained well enough in the picture!!! I thought it was very funny! ;) You can't tell in the picture but he was glowing...
After we finished eating, the kids played on the playground and the 'twins' played in the sand with these 1920 sand diggers or whatever they were.
Hmmmm...let's see who can work this thing the best especially when they are all tangled up in each other. As you can see, a little fussing began here but it didn't last long.
They finally realized there were TWO of these domaflotchies so they could each play on one!
Saying goodbye at the end of a long evening. Bella wanted a hug but Rylee was getting in one of her 'moods' (wonder where she gets those from??) so Bo had to do a group hug to satisfy them all. We all had such a good time...thanks to all of you for going and thanks to Bo and Cindy for inviting us!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you guys had a ball at Fenders Farm. We are going tonight...I can't wait! See ya tomorrow.
Love,
Jennifer =)