Friday, October 19, 2007

And The Doctor Said...

Well, I am so excited to say that I am one step closer to finding out the root cause of my migraines and tension headaches...other than the 3 kids of mine...ha! Just kidding!!

Today was my first appointment with my chiropractor and I am now a firm believer in them! I love her to death. She is only a few years older than me and we even go to the same hair dresser...I know beside the subject. So first off we reviewed my x-rays and to my surprise...there are actually things wrong with me! The first thing and probably the more likely reason I have a headache EVERYDAY is that your neck is supposed to have a natural curve in it but mine is straight up and down thus putting pressure on my joints. If not corrected, this can lead to degenerative disk disease later in life. Secondly, your spine is supposed to be straight up and down...however mine has a small curve in it. My doctor said this is likely caused by trauma such as a car accident but I haven't had anything other than fender benders...then I recalled my slip-n-slide accident a couple years ago (I have noticeably had back pain ever since). I am certain this is the trauma causing this curve. My doctor said this could all be fixed with several adjustments. Duffer started asking if I would need surgery and now my grandma is convinced I have a disease that my aunt died from so clearly they are getting carried away!

I loved getting adjusted...I was very nervous and for no reason at all! She used this one thing on my shoulder muscles to loosen them up and said that it was very abnormal how tense and tight I was. I also have to start sleeping with a special pillow every night to try to get the curve back into my neck that is supposed to be there. I honestly don't think anyone realizes how stressed I really am. Hopefully going to her will help me a ton! I feel better already...I am sure that is in my head but I just really have a good feeling about all of this!

No comments: