Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yankees Baseball

Here is the second fourth of the reason we are never home...is that even a saying?? Anyway I am sure you figured the other two parts are that the boys play on two Eastman leagues in addition to these teams.

This is Davis' Yankees team, a City Rec league coached by Duffer. Duffer quit coaching Davis a long time ago and only coached (or is actually only helping) so that Davis could play up to play with his friend. This team is a 11 and 12 year old team. They aren't having a good season either...I think they have won 2 games maybe?? This is the main reason we quit playing city league because most of the boys on this team have been playing ball maybe 2 years??? It is frustrating for the ones who have played since they were 5. Here are some pictures I took:

Bo, the head coach and Tucker's dad, and Duffer helping Davis with his gear the first night he was catcher. This was the first time he ever did it.

Duffer said he did great to have never ever done it before and Davis really liked it but Bo hasn't put him back in doing it even though the regular guy who does it isn't too good at it. I think Davis is really needed in the infield though because most of the boys can't even catch a baseball there.
Duffer always keeps the book at the games.

Davis batting...tongue out of course as usual.

Stealing second base...he thought it was cool that he was given #2 and he is on the Yankees...he likes Derek Jeter.

They were trying to get him out on 3rd...Davis is the only one on the team that the other teams CANNOT get out on the bases from his experience on travel teams. The other boys just don't have the same experience so they are always tagged out. Davis hasn't gotten out...yet.

Batting again...like I mentioned before he hits so much better for Eastman...he says its because at Eastman he is allowed to use his big barrel bats although I don't think that should matter.


Davis on 1st base....always looking around to make sure I am watching every move he makes. :D



This week I will get some pictures of his Eastman league. They will most certainly be in the tournament because they have only LOST 2 games! :D I really look forward to those games!!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last 4 pictures...You really should be a professional photographer!!

~cassie~ said...

Sarah told me you are doing pics this week...I hope they go well....I am sure they will....Your pics look really good...Remember what I talked to you about...Maybe we can make it work when I get back home to TN...Miss you guys....talk to you soon....

Rich Smith said...

Nicole, I saw that you added my website to your sidebar. Thank you! I'm flattered!
Thanks for doing an incredible job on your blog. I enjoyed "meeting" your adorable family through it!