The best I can do is go back to Friday...that is as far as I can remember if you can believe that!!! We thought we were staying in Friday night because it was cold as ever!!! When our friends Randy and Julie called to invite us to come play games we just couldn't say no because we have so much fun with them. Julie asked me to go to a purse party before the game party so Heather, Julie and I headed to Church Hill to the party. I was super excited because Duffer gave me money for a new purse...I needed a bigger one and one with longer straps...mine always falls off my shoulders.
I went looking for another Coach purse of course...have been addicted to them for about 2 years now...but none really jumped out at me. They are changing the way the C's look and for some reason all the D&C (Dolce & Gabbana) were grabbing my attention. I saw one I really liked for spring but obviously I still needed a winter looking one. So this is what I ended up with and matching...well coordinating....billfold....I know it doesn't look like it matches but that was because the flash blared light on it.
Duffer and I had never played and it was a very fun game. I must have had beginner's luck because I usually don't do so well at games especially when I am nervous playing with new people but I was on fire....guessing almost all the drawing questions!! Woohoo!!! I had to rub it in because usually Duffer is the superstar and gets everything right but the tables were turned.
We stayed too late and the kids were way cranky. We didn't get them home and in bed until 1:30am....so they were not easy to wake up Saturday morning at 8:30 for Upward. You could totally tell in the way they play that they were worn out. Poor Jett was exhausted. He didn't even hardly try to play but he did score 2 points...bless his heart. Then at Davis' game, Davis was expecting to do as well as last week but he was tired and just couldn't do it. He scored a few times....I forgot now something like 4 or 6 points but it was painful to watch him. He was so hard on himself and just totally frustrated.
I had to rush out of Davis' game without seeing him get his stars because I was already late for an old high school friend of mine's baby shower. She actually lives across the street from me which is so cool!! She is due next month. Two other girls we went to high school with were there and her mom and sister....her sister and I were best friends in 9th and 10th grade so I practically lived at their house!! We had a great time. Rylee went with me.
When we got home, we ate and Rylee literally fell asleep while eating. As soon as I sat down I was toast. Getogethers wipe me out and Rylee and I fell asleep around 6-7 and slept all night long!!
Then on Sunday, I woke up and took a shower and started to wake everyone up for church. Before I did I checked Facebook from my phone and noticed my SIL updated her status to say she and her brother were stranded at the Sunoco all night!!! I woke up Duffer and said something strange is going on. I started texting Katheryn to find out that Jason had come home from Knoxville and it took 4 hours to get from the interstate to the sunoco and he couldn't get any further. Katheryn was at their dad's near us and tried to take the Jeep to the sunoco but got it stuck and had to crawl to the gas station. To make a long story short, it was so icy that they finally made it home around 11...but the car didn't....and neither of them had slept all night!!! We didn't even know bad weather was expected other than a few snow showers but thank goodness we stayed in that night!!!! And thank GOD I called my grandma and told her church was cancelled because she was almost ready and was going to drive to church!!!! I don't even want to think how that would have turned out.
So we stayed home, stayed in our PJs and were lazy all day...I even took a THREE hour nap!!!!
Then today, we got some more snow. Of course everyone around us got way more than us....bummer!!! I had to work and so did Duffer. The kids all went to daycare since they were out of school for MLK day. Most of the area schools are already closed again tomorrow but I am sure we will be going as scheduled. If a miracle happens, they may get an hour delay.
Other than that it is the same ole thing this week, basketball practice, Awana and then games this weekend. We are having our good friends, Allison and Don over to teach us some new Domino game this weekend...on Saturday so as not to interrupt the boys playing again....so that will be fun, fun!!! And yes I will do better about updating....or better yet...join Facebook and keep in touch the easy way!!! ;)









2 comments:
You guys had a busy weekend-but fun! Abigail has bronchitis, so we stayed in. Yes, by some miracle, it would be fabulous if we were on a delay or even closed. It might be icy again with the cold temps in the morning. Well, i'm not a weatherperson so I guess we will be out with all the other KCS people.
I have not forgotten you tagged me,like ages ago...thank you, btw! I'm not spending as much time on the computer as I used to since I started working again. I plan on putting a post up about soon, but I really appreciate it! ;)
Anne
Haha, That's Chicken Foot Silly! When your done...it will look like a chicken foot on the table..IT'S SO FUN!!!
Dont forget American Idol tonite!
Post a Comment