Yesterday I picked up the boys from school, picked up Rylee from daycare and headed to Holly's shop for haircuts. Both boys got haircuts. Davis wanted "wings"...you know the longer hairstyles but I just can't bring myself to let him grow it out again...especially since he won't even brush it or style it on his own before school!!!
He got a style that can be worn down or brushed up in a fohawk...not my favorite but this pleased Davis.
Both boys play football and run around during the game...we have season tickets but never sit in our "assigned" seats. Last night there was a little boy who kept being mean to Jett. It is so hard when you are a parent and all you want to do is protect your child...I kept telling Duffer to go and scare the little boy but he wouldn't. I guess it is my younger redneck days coming out in me when I thought fighting solved everything. Now I know this is wrong but why aren't the parents of boys like this one, teaching their kids to treat people right????? This is one thing I struggle with most...I think one of the most important things you should teach your children (as far as behavior goes) is to always be nice to people even the ones who aren't so nice to you. This includes not leaving anyone out if they want to play with you, not talking badly about anyone, and to never hurt anyone - even if they make you mad. Jett had already experienced much of this in his 2 short months of Kindergarten. He has had friend's tell him that he can't be their friend anymore, he has had girls tell on him for nothing (says the teacher) and several other minor things (to us) but devastating to Jett. Jett is sensitive and these things really hurt his feelings. Oh what a better world we'd live in if everyone would just "do unto others as you wish them to do to you".
I will say one more thing about this subject and then I will drop it, I think the talking about people issue is one we should also teach our children from the beginning. People do not realize how hurtful it is to talk about someone unless it is done to you and you know about it. Granted most times when people gossip it doesn't get back to the person talked about but in the cases when it does, it is very hurtful. I try to never say anything about a person that I wouldn't say to their face. If you live by that, you would certainly stop a LOT of the things you say because most people don't have the nerve to confront people about the things they gripe about. I only bring this up because I have been hurt more in the past few years by people saying hurtful things and it getting back to me. This has been by both family and friends and it changes relationships sometimes beyond repair. I know you have to forgive and I have and I pray for these people daily that they will grow and learn not to be hurtful in their actions and their conversations. If you really think about it, gossip is a far worse sin than drinking or smoking or some of the things that Christains really judge others for. If a person smokes, they are usually hurting only themselves because they are damaging their body (which it says not to in the Bible) but when you talk about someone you hurt that person and the people they associate with. Sometimes mutual friends are also hurt, spouses are always hurt when someone hurts their significant other, etc. Okay I will get off my soapbox...not even sure what got me on that. The fact that Jett was hurt last night by an obvious bully just made me think about how hurtful adults can still be...and isn't that scary...we are the ones who are role models for all the little children we are around. They don't have a chance in this cruel world if their role models don't love everyone and treat everyone (even if you have issues with someone) with respect and love. After all, that is what God wants us to do because we are all his children.
We came home and crashed...or I did anyway...I was worn out! We have laid around all day today while Duffer works. I am infamously procrastinating on the laundry and housework. We are getting ready to go visit one of my friends who is so graciously going to give me more lessons on my camera and PhotoShop....the only stuff I know now is what she taught me before!!!! Then we are coming home and the kids will play outside while Duffer mows and I do all my work inside. For some reason I don't get my part done until I am rushed and running out of time...I think I thrive on chaos!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I will post some pictures that I take of the kids today during my learning session...hahaha.










1 comment:
Poor Jett! Their haircuts looked really good! Gettin on the subject of "christians", and gossiping...You know me....The outspoken person Iam...I was just responding to an email last night..When I said..it really sadden me when nicole put in my b-day post, that I was probably the most supportive friend she had...As Christians..We should be uplifting our brothers & sisters in christ...Supporting Them, Encouraging Them...
I don't have alot of "Girl Friends" because of "gossip" & "back stabbing" but yet these people call themselves "Christians" Well Im sorry but that doesn't set a real good christian example!
Ok Before I get started, I'll go!
Post a Comment