Monday, April 7, 2008

Devastated

It amazes me how rude some people can be. I have always believed in what goes around comes around...in fact I wish I had realized that Karma is such a real thing back in high school because there are a lot of people I would have been nicer to. I bring this all up to explain the events that took place to us after work...

Duffer got off work an hour early and headed on over to the wonderful house that we fell in love with. Keep in mind it was just to rent, but we were thinking rent for a couple years and build. I had to pick up the kids as usual and the plan was for me to drop them off at my grandma's so we could meet the owner and discuss the final details about the house. I had been on the phone with Duffer when he pulled up and he said someone else was there looking at the house. I thought 'Oh No!" but just assumed they had just drove by and stopped on the spur of the moment. Five minutes later Duffer calls and says the lady walked up to him, asked him if he was the man who worked at Eastman, then said, "Oh I am sorry, I just rented the house to these people."

Now I have never rented anything out to anyone but if it were me, I would have told those people that I had already talked to a potential renter who was meeting me there and if they weren't interested then they could have it. Keep in mind we told her Saturday that we would take it! Or if by some chance she had spoken to these people first, then she should have mentioned that fact on Saturday when we told her we wanted the house. Anyway, it is over and we are still stuck in an apartment. To say I am devastated is an understatement but that is how life goes sometimes...what is it that Forrest says...life is not a box of chocolates???

8 comments:

Tanja said...

"Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you'll get." Something like that, which still certainly applies here. Sorry that happened. But better to find out now than once she's your landlady!

Jennifer said...

I really hate that for you Nicole. I know you were excited.
That certainly was not very business like of her.

Continue to pray about your house/apt situation and just sit back to see what God has in store!

Anonymous said...

Well that just stinks! Iam with your, but like Tanja said better to find out now then later, she would have probably been horrible to rent from....There is an adorable white house @ the corner of Kincheloe Mill & Harmony for rent...has a fenced in yard, etc...it's for rent...I could get the # for ya..God works everything out the way it's suppose to work...

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry, Nicole. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick." I bet you will find something even better.

~cassie~ said...

I know you were excited...but God has something better in store for you guys...Keep praying, and you will see...love you

Anonymous said...

Hello, Today is Thursday, were have you been all week?

Nicole said...

Sorry Allison, we have had practices all week. I am going to take some pictures of Davis' scrimmage tonight so I will get some cute ones of the kids and post tonight.

Anonymous said...

I was worried...