Sunday, April 27, 2008

Church Program

I must first mention how the baseball tournament went. My grandma brought us lunch down (she had to bring Davis' clothes for his program tonight because he left them in her car yesterday) so they all ate while I got ready. Grandma left and about 15 minutes before it was time for us to head out the door...it came a monsoon!

I was stressing because it is bad enough to be at a baseball game in that weather but to have to keep up with 2 little ones at the same time is even worse. I called my dad...no answer...I called Vanessa...no answer. Vanessa did call me right back though and said that she would watch Jett and Rylee while Davis and I went to the game. She was going to meet us at the field but I talked to the coach and he said that we should just go home. You see...according to him...if they start Davis playing and then he has to leave (to go to his church program) then the team would have to take an out every time he'd be up to bat. Strange to me because I see them pulling kids out and putting another in their place all the time. Oh well...Davis was disappointed but it was kind of a relief to me...one less thing to do today! They ended up calling all the games for the day and ended the tournament as the standings were (as of yesterday) so we came in 3rd...not good out of 4 teams!

So we went back home to change clothes. We did get to lay around for an hour before time to go. Then I dropped off Jett and Rylee at Vanessa's. My plan was to stay at the church when I dropped Davis off at 4pm...that way I could take pictures during their run through and video during the actual performance. Jett didn't have to be there until 5pm so Vanessa and Papaw brought them on later. Along with Vanessa and Papaw, my Grandma, Papaw Maynard and Nene all came to see the boys...Duffer didn't get off work until 7pm so he did miss it. :o( I videoed the entire play and we are going tomorrow to buy a cable to hook it up to the TV so he can watch it (I used to have a cable but who knows where it went to).

These are a few shots we took before we left for the game...I made the mistake of wanting to get a couple shots of Rylee and then all three kids just had to take a picture too!


We did take one of Davis, Rylee and me...actually Jett took it...but it was blurry. I didn't want you to think I didn't include him!


These were at the church during the practice run through before everyone got there.



Davis saying one of his lines...he was a guard who protected the king.

Davis taking Haman (Ian) off...to punishment or something like that. I was so nervous for Davis (because I know he didn't want to be up there) that I could hardly focus on the play...I actually stayed so tense that I had a migraine by the time I left...terrible, huh??

Here are Vanessa and Papaw...and yes I know it is blurry but they were rushing me to take the picture and I didn't get it focused. I hated to not put one of them on here especially after Vanessa helped me so much with the kids!


Rylee did excellent during the program...I think it was the quietest she has ever been...want to know why??? See below....

In come the Little Treble Makers...Jett was as giddy as a child in a candy store!! I was actually afraid he would be a grouch due to not taking a nap but he was the opposite!


Check him out...I think he will be just like Duffer ~ who thrives on attention. Unlike Davis and me who prefer to just blend in and not be noticed.

This was in practice...Jett actually stood in the middle during the actual performance. You see the door to the right...Davis was standing back there getting ready to come out and Jett kept looking back at him and smiling from ear to ear. I caught his attention once and told him to look forward and then he just mouthed really big.."WHAT???" So I just let it go...

He was also on the fidgety side and kept opening and closing this pocket on his pants...you know making that lovely velcro sound? Shew!


Here is Jett, Spencer, Cade and Campbell...


The funniest part was at the end, Doris asked all the parents to stand up. Then she looked at the kids and asked them if they saw their parents....Jett yelled (quite loudly), 'I see my parents right over there!!!' So much for me going unnoticed! Everyone cracked up!

After the program ended, I tried to get some shots of everyone. I didn't get many because it was so hectic with me being the only parent there...I had to keep up with the kids while trying to carry everything and try to get pictures too. Here is Jett with Nene...

Vanessa was carrying Rylee to the car...she had slept so long that her pull up was FULL and had even leaked through on her skirt so Vanessa took her to change her. Rylee was still half asleep because she had just woken up.

Nene with Davis...

The boys and me...

Grandma with the boys...

Grandma, Nene and Papaw Maynard with the boys.


Well, now the weekend is over...I have to go back to work tomorrow...with no rest, no clean house, and a ton of laundry to do. Duffer will be working as much this week as he did last week and I am pretty sure we have practices every single night again and we have another tournament in Johnson City next weekend!!!

FYI...I drove 158 miles this weekend...and I pretty much do that every weekend...crazy, huh?!??!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord that's better than what I thought you would do...I figured you would do like 300 miles or 400, @ least a tank of gas.....I've done 120 miles myself just back and forth to work..20 miles each way!

Tanja said...

Yep, that was hilarious when Jett yelled that he saw his parents. I also cracked up when he started bobbing back and forth during the performance. He was having some fun!

Pierce Family Happenings said...

It looks like the program was great! Your kids are so cute! :) I can't believe how much you drive in a weekend! Whew! :) I know it must wear you out, but we do it for our kids, right? :) Oh, I tagged you on my blog for an "3 random things about me" post. I had to tag bloggers who I read their blog on a regular basis...hope that is ok! ;) Have a good week Nicole!
Anne P.

Stephanie said...

You look so pretty in all the pictures, Nicole! I have always thought you are pretty though.
I can't wait until the boys are a little older and get to do stuff like this play.