So we had to get up and leave pretty early to pick Davis up from his dad's...the first time he has been there in over a month...and then to get him to the dress rehearsal at church across town. Jett had a meltdown as we were leaving...heaven forbid he couldn't find the baseball GameBoy game he was looking for! After a couple of spankings, he finally straightened up! :^I
We get to Davis' dad's to pick him up and there is one of his neighbors out there talking to them. Well, she started asking me a bunch of questions about Washington and the teachers there and so on and keep me for about 20 minutes (that I didn't really have!). Her son, Hunter, will be starting in August with Jett. ~Hey Amy, she said she was friends with you but I can't remember her name...do you know who I am talking about??~
We left and had less than 15 minutes to get to the church. When I was almost to the church, I started having stomach problems. Those of you who know me, know how many 'wonderful' bathroom stories I have due to this problem! Well here is another one for you! We pull in the church and I try to discreetly tell the kids we all have to go in so I can go to the bathroom. Jett tries to tell me that he can watch Rylee in the car...sweet but nope not gonna let a 5-year-old (or he will be in 2 weeks) babysit for me! Subtle hints don't work well with this age, so I finally had to tell Jett that Mommy HAD to go to the bathroom or I would have an accident. Jett didn't have his socks or cleats on yet...after all he had 2 hours until he played...but he was upset about having to go in church without them on. Rylee had taken her shoes off so in I go inside the church with Davis properly dressed, Jett had one sock on and no shoes, and Rylee was barefoot! I bet I was a site for sore eyes! We try to make our way to the bathroom and get stopped of course, being told they were in the auditorium. I politely told the girl I had to put Davis' contacts in...which was true...but the reality was I had to get to the bathroom promptly! Everything worked out...got contacts in, dropped Davis off and headed back to the car.
From there we went to my Grandma's to kill time until Jett's soccer game started...didn't want to drive home which was across town...gas is way too expensive you know! The kids ate breakfast...yes I left in such a rush that I didn't feed them! They played a little bit and I took some pictures...don't have many of Grandma and the kids because she hates having her picture taken...thinks she is too old! I think she looks great to be 79...she doesn't even color her hair!!! I know some people my age who are almost completely gray! Here are some pictures that I took...
I love these little sheep...they were made by my great-grandmother. She was so talented, she made quilts and toys and clothes. I told my grandma that I wanted these...they even have a big momma sheep and they are so plump and fat...too cute!
We left from Grandma's to go to soccer...while Grandma also left to go pick up Davis. He had to be picked up by 11 and then taken to Domtar for his tournament game that started at 11:45. Jett's soccer game was from 11-12 so I was going to Domtar as soon as soccer was over. I made a pit stop on the way to the soccer fields because when I was at Davis' dad's he said my back tire was extremely low...so low I could have a blow out...you see how big of a hurry I was in to get that taken care of.
When I got to the gas station I only had 2 quarters and didn't want to leave the kids in the car or get them both out to go in and get change. I just knew there had to be one quarter somewhere in my car! After searching for about 7 minutes, I finally found one in the back where Davis sits wedged up under the side...but I managed to get it out and fill up my tires. I have no idea what the pressure is supposed to be so I just filled it up to 4.0 because the other one was close to that...worked for me! Finally off to soccer...
...we lost again and didn't even score one goal (of course Jett couldn't possibly score with me there to take a picture of it!!).
Just some action shots for my family who didn't get to come...
Papaw Maynard and Nene came to see Jett play...here Nene and Rylee were going to look at the creek. It was a nice break for me because I was trying to take pictures and all Rylee wanted to do was climb on me like I was a jungle gym!
Jett cracks me up...he is the only one who wears his shin guards outside of his socks. He claims they hurt him so he does it like this. Oh and check out the blue mouth...maybe I should pick different colors of Gatorade!
Papaw Maynard, Nene and Rylee coming back from the creek.
So the soccer game ended...Jett went with our friend, James, to tball practice while Rylee and me headed down to Domtar. (By the way I am keeping track of how many miles I have to drive this weekend just for kicks. Since Friday I am over 100 miles so far.) Grandma called me on the way to give me an update. Davis had already been injured...while warming up a teammate threw a wild ball when he wasn't looking and it nailed Davis in the head behind his ear. He has a large knot there today. Another boy was hit in the nose and got a nosebleed. Grandma also said there was some drama in the stands with mothers getting mad. To top it off I had Davis' bat bag in my car...totally forgot to leave it with him!
Davis pitched yesterday so he won't be able to today...I believe that is how the rules go.
Have you ever seen a skinnier kid...it's hard to believe he will turn 10 at the end of the summer...maybe a growth spurt will kick in!
His looks are improving too...not so much sticking out his tongue but trying to get that 'game face' on! LOL
Papaw Maynard and Nene came but couldn't get in...you have to pay to get in tournaments because it is a way for the teams to raise money. They didn't know and I forgot to tell them so they didn't have $14 to get in. I felt so bad they came all the way down and I didn't have the money either. I barely had enough for Duffer to get him when he got off work.
My grandma stayed until Duffer got there because I felt really bad. I hadn't eaten all day so when I got there I got a corn dog and only ate half of it...it gave me terrible indigestion...almost felt like when I had gall stones!! NO ONE in that entire place had any Tums or medicine. When Duffer got there he brought me some but they didn't work. (I took 2 more when I got home, plus a pill Grandma gave me, plus drank some Mylanta and didn't get any relief until I woke up this morning!!)
So to finish telling all the drama...Davis was walked and he went to 1st base...the other team kept throwing the ball away so Davis made it all the way home on a walk (absurd I know) but...on his way to home, the pitcher stood in the baseline and so Davis plowed right over him. They both fell, Davis' helmet was knocked off and the pitcher was hurt badly. Davis ran on home but the pitcher didn't get up for a few minutes. Hate to say this...but that's what happens when you stand in the baseline! HAHA Then another play our runner got out at 3rd because the other team was blocking the base so the boy's dad yelled and yelled at the umpire and coach. Well this sparked that player's mom (on 3rd base) to start yelling at the dad on our team saying he wasn't doing it on purpose. So Duffer starts yelling...as I am cringing...to the mom, that he isn't yelling about the player (of course he isn't being coached properly) but that he is yelling at the umpires for making bad calls! I tell ya...if you think you need more excitement in your life...just come watch one of these games...very comical!
The 2nd game we played...back to back...was rather boring...Davis didn't pitch and was actually stuck in the outfield and we lost 4-18. We won the first game 16-10. Today we play at 2:15 (not good considering Davis will have to quit mid-game to rush home, take a shower and be at church by 4pm...his play is at 6pm tonight and Duffer is working 12 hours so he will miss it! The pressure is on me to make sure I video it well!)
Jett, Rylee and I left the game early because I felt bad and it started to rain a little. I bathed them as soon as we got home because they were nasty and then I laid down with Rylee to rest. I went shopping with my grandma that evening (since it was tax-free weekend) and got some awesome work clothes and shoes. Since I have lost weight I needed some clothes that fit! I was hurting so badly by the time I got home though, I just crashed on the couch. I pray I don't feel like that again today...maybe I just won't eat at the ball field! ;)
We didn't go to church this morning since Duffer is working and it is so hard for me to get us all ready and to all these places in the rush that we always are...actually I have wasted enough time on this never ending post...so I must get us all ready for the game today and then on to church tonight for the play. I will update with the highlights from the tournament and program tonight. Sorry for such a long post...I told you it was a busy day yesterday!









No comments:
Post a Comment