Sunday, December 23, 2007

We FINALLY Saw Santa!

So better late than never...right? :-) As you know, this year has been quite hectic so we just got around to visiting Santa today after church. It made me feel much better that our good friends, the Allen's, were also going today...see I am not the only one a little behind. ;) We ate at Long John Silver's after church (Duffer's favorite place to eat) and then headed to the mall. We had this fantastic idea...since I had my camera with me...for me to just take the pictures myself but of course there was a sign saying you couldn't. Cassie's hair dresser does this every year though so we just have to figure out the trick to it!

We saw just about everyone while waiting in line...Jason and Katheryn (Duffer's brother and sister), Lisa and her family (Cassie's co-worker plus Ian and Davis and Landon were all on the Senators together), the Alderson's, then I went back later (to get my nails done) and saw our youth minister and 2 girls I went to high school with). It felt like I just moved back to town or something! LOL! I guess that is what it is like when you actually get out of the house and shop instead of doing it all online like I always do, huh?!?!

So here is the picture with Santa. The woman photographing them was very annoying...even Ian said so which was quite funny to me. I bet she took 7 pictures because she wasn't happy with any of them and I had actually liked the 2nd one she took but she deleted it! You know if the mom isn't that picky...why should you be???? Duffer was getting aggravated with me and thankfully James assured him it was the woman and not me so I stayed out of the hot seat! ;) So here they are...no smiles but who cares...these pictures are just to say we went there and did it, you know?

So while we were in line...I took some pictures of the kids. Here are Macey and Rylee...I thought it was so cool that they had on the same dress! Granted Rylee's had some decorative black at the bottom that Macey's didn't have but it was probably the difference in one being for a toddler and one for a girl.
Then ironically after the girls were matching, look how similar the boys sweaters are (with the exception of Jett)! No matter how much time Cassie and I spend together...or how little...we still think alike and that is what makes us such great friends I think!

Jett and Cade passing the time while we waited in line to see Santa...not too long of a wait but long enough to get bored!


So after I went back to the mall later today, I ran by Cassie's house so we could exchange presents. In the past we have gotten everyone gifts but with everything going on this year and lack of time, it was just Cassie and me. Cassie said that the gift was wrapped like James did it because it was in a bag, then wrapped...what seemed like doubly wrapped when in reality I just got too lazy to cut the paper! LOL!


My favorite part about it was the teeny tiny bag it came in...I told her I wanted to keep the bag for myself...for what I have no idea...I just thought it was cute.

You can't see it very well in this picture but it is a necklace with all of her children's names on it. I really liked it and I hinted to Duffer that I wanted one for myself but he never picks up on that. :( This is the first time I have bought Cassie something when I didn't buy the same thing for myself...I know I am terrible!!

Cassie got me a very nice leather Life Study Bible! She heard me one day in Sunday school talking about Duffer's Bible and how it had footnotes in it and mine didn't and she pointed out that hers did too so she got me one like hers!! It is so nice!!! Plus she got it in maroon for DB...how cool is that?! Thanks Cassie...you're the best...love ya!!

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

Thanks for my necklace. . .I LOVE IT! I am at work right now and I am wearing it. We enjoyed eating lunch with you guys today. . .thanks again. .love you.