Monday, December 17, 2007

Watch that Fence!!

This is a funny story that I forgot to add last week...I would go back and change the date but then you may miss the story. So one day last week after work, we ran by my friend, Cindy's house and she and I went to drive around to look for me an apartment...this was the day before I paid the deposit on the one we got.

So we were looking at all those in Ridgefields and I turned up into one of them. The driveway was SO steep that I could barely get up it...it had been raining but I have 4 wheel drive!!! As soon as my tires started spinning, Cindy started holding on (she is 7 months pregnant!) and she said, "Okay you are NOT living up here!"

Well, that started me laughing and we all know how that once I start cracking up...well I just lose it! I pulled in the car slot to turn around but behind me wasn't much backing up room plus there was an 8 ft. privacy fence. Cindy kept saying, "You're gonna hit the fence, you're gonna hit the fence...OH you hit the fence!" She was cracking me up more than the fact that I hit the fence!!! She is so calm yet so sarcastic and I get so tickled at her. She just kept saying, "That is funnier than crap...you just hit their fence!"

Well, I pulled up and backed up again and the same thing happened...her saying I was gonna hit the fence then me hitting the fence and her being funny about it. Well, by this point, I had lost it!!! I was just cackling and couldn't even drive. Cindy kept saying someone is going to come out here and get us if you don't get out of here...but I was about to pee in my pants I was laughing so hard. It is a wonder I could keep my foot on the brake!!!

Well, I backed up one last time...and hit the fence one last time...but was able the clear the bushes in front of me and get out of dodge!! The way out was so steep that I was almost afraid we were just going to slide right into the road!!!

When we finally calmed down and quit laughing, Cindy called Duffer and asked him to please not let me drive our kids around because I was a very dangerous driver...she was giving me a hard time but it was definitely something to remember!!! Love ya Cindy!!

No comments: