Friday, December 28, 2007

Kids Say the Darnest Things!

Yesterday I just had Rylee to pick up from daycare...Davis was with my Grandma and Jett was with Duffer...I was trying to talk to Miss Susan but Rylee was trying to get the door open and get outta there! She was yelling "Open the door! Open the door!" I calmly said, "What's the magic word, Rylee?" Shelooked up at me said ever so confidently, "Trust in the Lord!" (If you remember a few posts back, she had memorized this verse the week Jett had it in Cubbies. Miss Susan said, "Well, you can't argue with that!"

It was very funny at the time.

Then last night, Rylee kept asking for doughnuts. I kept trying to tell her we didn't have any but then Duffer came behind me informing me that Grandma had brought some...ugh! So I asked Rylee, "If I give you one doughnut, will you not ask for any more?" She looked up at me very doe-eyed like she always does and said, "Yeah, ask for more."

Duffer started laughing and hugging her and said, "Well, at least she doesn't lie yet."

No comments: