Wednesday, November 14, 2007

School Picture


Many of you remember the drama involved with Davis getting his school picture taken this year. If you don't here is the run down:

We had just moved and I put Davis' contacts in -what I thought was a safe place for them to not get lost. Needless to say after we moved I couldn't find them. (I know very typical of me since I am so absent minded. So Davis brings home the paper saying his school pictures are coming in a couple days and I panic since he has no glasses (broke them) and no extra contacts (those were his last pair). I had tried to order more but his eye glass office that we went to shut down permanently. I requested the records go to the office in Johnson City and I had been waiting 3 weeks for that and it never happened. So I said forget and called Wal-Mart and made him an appointment...which happened to be at noon on the day pictures were being taken. I didn't want Davis to get his pictures done without any contacts in because of his lazy eye that often turns in. How bad would that have been?!?!
The night before Davis just happened to find one contact in his backpack case of when one had fell out during the day and it just so happened to be for his bad eye. So he wore that one contact to school the next day. When I picked him up for his appointment, he said he had already had his picture taken (I had hoped his class would be done in the afternoon).
So off to Wal-Mart we went and got new contacts and as you can see the picture turned out okay. About a month later though I did finally stumble across his contacts...they were in my toothbrush holder in my bathroom! The holder is only a cup so they were in the bottom and I have no idea how I didn't see them when I unpacked them!!!!

No comments: