As I mentioned below about feeling like Rylee was growing up too fast, I really got a reality check when I took Davis and Jett to the doctor! They were going for their 9 year old and 4 year old checkups and the flu shot that they love getting each year.
It turned out the way Jett's birthday is in May, he needed to go ahead and get his shots for Kindergarten today because insurance only covers 1 yearly checkup and he wouldn't have an updated shot record for pre-registration in the spring. As most of you know, Davis has always been terrified of shots so I kept telling Jett to go first and that way Davis would see how well he did and maybe he would not cry. Well...that backfired on me! Jett went first only in addition to the flu shot he also received FOUR more shots! I had to hold him down and he just screamed.
Davis had to get 2 shots and he sat there...not breathing...but he didn't cry a bit. The nurse was actually worried he might pass out from holding his breath so long. I was extremely impressed because this is the first year I haven't had to hold Davis down.
A funny thing that did happen when Jett was doing his eye exam...you know for younger children they switch the eye chart from letters to shapes...he was rambling all of them off until he came to the line he couldn't see well. He was trying to make out one of the shapes...couldn't tell you what is was since I can't see far away well...and he blurted out when great certainty..."Trapezoid!" The nurse began laughing because of course there were no trapezoids on the chart only squares, circles, triangles, stars and moons. She said that was definitely a first that she had heard. Jett even knows what trapezoids are from learning them at daycare. I remember when Davis was 3 or 4 and came home talking about trapezoids and I felt so dumb for not knowing what it looked like. He told me it was the shape that looks like a house. I went to daycare the next day and told Susan how silly I felt for not knowing all the shapes like I should. :)
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment