Friday, November 30, 2007

Football Banquet

On Tuesday, we went to Davis' football banquet at our church gym. James had all the boys come and play, then eat pizza and cookie, and then watch a movie. I took the kids on my own and Duffer met me there after he got off work. I was thoroughly stressed by the time he got there from having to chase Rylee, try to take pictures and try to help the other moms serve the boys. Duffer got aggravated when he got there because I pretty much dumped the kids off on him but it is hard to take pictures with them nagging at my legs! (this is why a few are blurry...that's what happens when they bump you all around as you take the picture...LOL!)

Here is Rylee...who took possession of Jett's Game Boy since he ran off to play with the big boys.
Jett cracks me up...for some reason he LOVES Hunter. As soon as Hunter arrived, he ran out on the court and Jett followed him and jumped up on him. Hunter is so sweet because he never acts like it bothers him although I am sure it is annoying.

All the boys were running and playing football...notice Jett is DYING to play with them. :(

Jett kept running and following them but then he came over and said very sadly, "Mom, no one will through the ball to me." I felt so bad for him but I explained to him that the big boys wanted to play with each other.

He resorted to finding a basketball and shooting hoops by himself.



Larry working ever so hardly on the computer making sure the movie would run.

The cookie...I had my zoom lens on so this is all you get. It said Wildcats 2007 Champions!
Rylee discovered the water fountain and I could not keep her away from it!

She tried so hard to get a drink herself but she needs another inch on her to be able to do it.

Christy eating...she was so happy I captured her in such a lovely moment. NOT!

Rylee...obviously she liked the cookie because she is now wearing it!

Davis supporting his teammates as they received their trophies.

Davis receiving his trophy from James. Kevin, the other coach, had to leave because he got called into work. Larry helped James hand out the trophies. Can you tell Davis is like me and doesn't like to be in front of people???

I thought Hunter was hilarious the way he stood there...almost like he is too cool for this but it was cute!

Here is my dad's good friend Sam's son, Clint. I was so glad he and Davis played on the same team because Sam's daughter and I were good friends growing up.

I just love little Noah...look how sweet he looks...I could just pinch him!!! I believe he may have been a tad bit embarrassed like Davis was. ;)

Here is Duffer helping Rylee get a drink...yes she was still over at the water fountain all this time.
And here is Ian, James' oldest son. Ian cracked me up too because James kept patting him on the head and Ian would move his hand away and look irritated. He must have been trying to impress somebody! ;)

The boys sitting at the table...

Here is Ty...he and Davis are big buddies because they are the same age so they are in the same Sunday School class.

Here is Noah's big brother, Ben, who is the sweetest kid too. He went to Davis' school last year but this year he moved on to middle school.

Jett still playing by himself...he got rather bored during the trophy presentation.

Here are Jett and Cade playing the short time they had together. Cassie had a photo shoot so she, Cade and Macey got there late. Shortly after they got there it was time for me, Jett and Rylee to go home and do baths and get ready for bed. Duffer stayed with Davis so he could watch the movie. Jett wasn't too happy to leave because he finally had someone to play with but I had a migraine and wanted to go home and rest.

The boys had great fun and although I hated to see it end...at the same time it is extremely nice to be doing nothing right now!!! As most of you know, we told Davis we were taking basketball off. If we stay in our house, there is a ton still to do. If we don't stay we will be moving in January and there will be even more to do. Also since baseball practice begins in January and we have had NO break all year long, we just really wanted to stay home and spend family time together. So far...all of us are enjoying the less hectic life (if you can call it that ;) ).

No comments: