Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Decorating the Christmas Tree

Friday night we put up our Christmas tree but it took until Sunday to get it decorated...the bad thing about those wonderful pre-lit trees is when the bulbs go out!! Last year when we put it up half of the lights were burned out, we replaced all of the them, and then I swear if half of them weren't out again this year (it must have been the half that were working last year!) I told Duffer that next year they should ALL work!!! So by about 10pm on Sunday night we had the tree decorated. I took a few pictures of the kids helping...and goofed around with some self portraits. The very next day Rylee decided to do some twirling near the tree and fell right over on it and her head landed on the tree stand...it is a miracle the tree didn't fall on top of her...of course I could barely pick her up for laughing so hard!

Here is Duffer acting like he is enjoying this but in reality if we had it our way, we would put the trees up when the kids aren't home. It ends up being SO stressful...

See them all three trying to get in the ornaments at the same time and of course they are fighting the entire time over which ornament they get to hang.

Jett putting some ornaments on in his boxers...he and Rylee (and sometimes Davis) have something against wearing clothes when they are at home. My grandma thinks it is awful that I let them run around like this but I keep the house warm and sometimes you just have to pick your battles...to me this isn't one worth arguing.

Davis putting some ornaments on also...notice they all had to get their picture made on the step stool and no it wasn't my idea.

Here is little Rylee helping hang some ornaments...you can almost see Duffer's frustration. :) She hates to wear clothes at home...so that is why she is only wearing a diaper. I was so tired and had a headache or else I would have dressed her (and Jett) just for the pictures.

Since Duffer never takes pictures of me, I have resorted to self portraits. Not that I love myself in pictures because I certainly don't, but when I scrapbook it is nice to have some besides just Duffer and the kids! ;) Here I am with the boys...

And then with Rylee...

Here is MY tree...we got another one (a live one) for the downstairs that all the handmade ornaments by the kids and all the character (or in other words the ones that don't 'match' the theme on my tree) are. Duffer has threatened several times that he is taking the downstairs tree down because Jett and Rylee keep taking apart the homemade ornaments. Plus 2 of the UT ornaments have now been broken along with my ladder and figurines on my upstairs tree. Is Christmas over yet????

After church and then after eating with the Allens, they came by the house and Cassie took some pictures of all of us together with my camera for me so I didn't have to struggle with the tripod. They turned out really well although I cannot share what they are for. ;)

No comments: