Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween!

This Halloween was THE most hectic one we have had so far. I usually don't visit the family but decided I would try it this year. The worst part was that I had to leave work early in order to do this and I had to do it alone. Duffer doesn't get off until 5:30 and we had to be at Cindy's by 6:30! He basically got off and went home to get the trailer and headed on over there. I got all three kids ready, went by to visit Duffer's mom, went by my dad's and then went to Cindy's. We pulled the trailer behind Duffer's Suburban so we could all ride together. There were 9 adults and 12 kids...you can imagine how chaotic that was! On our way home, we went by Duffer's dad's. We didn't get home until 10pm and had to eat supper (what's the point after all that candy right?) and take baths. I think we all passed out around 11:30!

All three of them posing for me quickly before we hit all of our destinations for the night. I think this was the only time Rylee wore her hat all night!
I loved Rylee's outfit...she was a storybook witch. Too bad she wouldn't keep her hat on because it was SO adorable.

Jett as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle...we all know how he is obsessed with turtles...part of the reason we have 4 for pets!
Of course we had to pose without the mask.

Davis dressed up as Darth Vader...he changed his mind about a zillion times!
I went by the Credit Union so Nene (Duffer's mom) could see the kids. It was fun because she showed us around her office. I had never been on the 3rd floor before.

On to Papaw's house where he was trying to fix his driver side door on his Suburban. We got him to pause for a minute to pose with the kids. Papaw and Vanessa with the kids.

Vanessa took a picture of me and the kids...I am going to kill Davis if he doesn't quit doing stupid things in pictures!!!

Rylee was having a heart to heart with one of Papaw's dogs. :)

At Cindy's we tried to get all the kids to sit still on the sofa but that was easier said than done.

Bella had no interest in dressing up whatsoever.

Tucker, Davis (with Jett's mask on), Tyler and Brayden.

Cindy...she hates when I take her picture...but I always try to sneak a couple in.

Rylee had bumped her noggin and Daddy was comforting her. Of course at this point, as you can tell, she is ready to get down!

Jessica and Landon...Brayden was around somewhere in a ninja outfit (or something similar).

Carlee was a Snow Princess.

I don't even know what Keagan was dressed up as.

Gabe...Angie W.'s youngest son...not sure what he was either.

Here is Landon...I am not sure but I don't think the milk duds make any sounds. ;)

Angie W.

Here are all the kids loaded up and ready to go. The trailer was a great idea. It was so funny because I was on the phone with Cindy earlier in the day finalizing our plans and she mentioned that Bo had been calling all over in search of a trailer. I asked her why we didn't just use ours...and she flipped out not even realizing that we had a trailer. It's funny how things just work out sometimes.

Angie and Rylee had a great time!

Here is Cindy and Bella...look at the huge smile I got out of Bella. I think she is getting used to me and my camera.
And here is my wonderful husband...I have to say that because he let me go to bed at 6pm last night!!! Okay girls, you can close your mouth now because I know it is dropped to the floor! ;) Duffer was also our chauffeur and did a fantastic job...at least no one fell off the trailer! LOL!

Jessica, Rylee, Landon (as a bumble bee) and me on the trailer. It's funny how popular this bumble bee outfit was this year...we still have the same costume from when Davis wore it as a baby!
Rylee was SO cute...trick or treating like a pro. She walked right up to every door, said "trick or treat" and even said thank you! Here she is on the trailer making sure that no one gets the candy she worked so hard for!

I took this on the trailer. I thought Jett looked cute the way he had his mask cocked to the side!
Here is our last stop for the night...Pop's house. Alexis, Jett and Davis with their masks on. They were playing and running wild...after the tons of candy they'd been eating...and it took forever to get them to sit still for a picture.

Alexis, Jett and Davis without masks.

I was pretty much OVER Halloween at this point. It was around 9:30pm and we still had to go home and eat supper and take baths.

Pop hugging Jett...against his will but he was playing with Pop.

Jett was trying to get away from Pop who was tickling him.

I took this...because I know so many of you are wondering why put this on here...but it was so cute. Rylee was trying to color and she looked like she had been doing it for years!

No comments: