Friday, October 26, 2007

Davis' Field Trip to Eastman

On Wednesday, all the 4th graders at Davis' school took a field trip to Eastman's Employee Center (or B310 as we employees know it). This week is National Chemistry Week so several engineers put on a show for the students. They gave them tons of freebies and showed them experiments. Davis thought he was cool because he got had to wear...as he put it "these big glasses" (safety goggles). I explained to him that Daddy has to basically wear those all day and Mommy used to have to wear them when I went to certain places out in the plant.

Davis came home with this tube that looked similar to a lab test tube but a little smaller than the size of your forearm. He said that they were told to put it in the microwave and it would blow up to the size of a Coke bottle???? I told him we would be waiting until Daddy was there with us to make sure we didn't blow up the house!!

They also told him about another experiment that he could do at home using the inside from a baby diaper. I can't remember all the details although I do remember saying Daddy needed to be close by with that as well! With my luck, you can never be too safe! ;)

No comments: